Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Yes, Please and Thank you!

Want to add something a little extra before and after your cardio?  Yes, please!  Do some lunges.  Remember to get low and drive your quads up and forward during each lunge.

Today we ran 7 miles.  100 lunges before and 100 lunges afterwards.  Feelin the burrrrrn.

During our run, I found some cheese!  My high school XC coach had this theory we were the mice running down our competition -- CHEESE. Today my cheese consisted of two male runners.  Thank you! I always love a little extra motivation.  Especially, when I'm pushing baby W.

Another thought I had while running, which I seem to face EVERY single time I run.  Does everyone know the rules of the road?  Baby W and I got pretty close to a car today.  Please stop for pedestrians!  Thank you! 

*If you're on the road, ride with and run against.
The path we run on has 2 major crossings.  Despite the blinking lights and large signs for drivers, people don't always stop.

Before we went out for our daily exercise, we had Weston's 2 month baby well checkup.  I know.... I know... He's a little over three months now but I assure you I have a good explanation.

Weston at 2 months

To make a long story short (my family knows how AWESOME I am at telling stories. Thank you! ) We couldn't get an appointment until after we moved to GA.

  No shots.  Yes, please!

He is one healthy little man.  In the end it all worked out.  Well, sort of.  This past Monday we had a horrible storm and all of the immunizations were moved to the main hospital.  No tears for this little guy.  I assure you we'll be back next week for his shots.  Eeeeek.

Today's lunch: black bean and sweet potato enchilada with 1/2 an apple and peanut butter.  Yes, please and thank you!


How do you stay motivated during your workouts?

Did you find cheese on your run today?

2 comments: