Friday, March 29, 2013

Sayyy what?! It's Friday

Somehow this week slipped by me.  I don't understand how I absolutely forgot today was FRIDAY!  Maybe because I've been fixated on a few things

1. Weston and his ability to jabber... he's getting so stinkin cute.
"Sorry ladies.  My mom said I couldn't date till I turn 21"

2. 10k trail run on Saturday
3. MCM registration
4. Easter

5. My parents coming to visit -- operation clean house!



AND... I get a little weepy when I say the following

6. My younger sister traveling to Europe to visit my older brother.  He's taking her to the French Riviera.  So awesome!  I'm not so much jealous of where they are going, but more so the fact they are together.  I love my siblings sooo much.  We are like a peanut butter, honey and banana sandwich.  The perfect combo.

One of my favorite pictures of the three of us at a wedding in 2010

A small list, but distracting enough to make me forget my favorite day.  Friday's are our "date night".  Our night to eat Mexican food and drink beer.  Our night where Matt doesn't do any work and we just relax and hang out as a family i.e fall asleep right after Weston goes to bed because we're both exhausted.  I know.... total partiers. sigh  Friday's are the best.  

Today, I plan on taking it easy (4-6 miles sloooooow) and making a mental note of how I plan on getting through tomorrow.  I haven't raced in FOREVER and I'm certain my competitive nature will be released like a crazy person.  My fear is I'll go out too hard for the first 3.1 miles (excitement and adrenaline always get the best of me)  and quickly regret I have 3.1 more miles to go.

Good or bad... I can't wait to give you guys an update.

Any suggestions for tomorrow?  

Anyone racing this weekend?


12 comments:

  1. Good luck on your run tomorrow! You will do great! Baby W is too cute!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelli. I appreciate the encouragement.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure your race will go great!! If it's a trail run, it's likely to naturally slow you down anyways...and if it's single track, the chain of runners will definitely slow you down (to an annoying point).

    Good luck!!

    No races, but I have 16 mile and 10 mile trail runs planned for sat/sun - my sister is joining me on both =).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were so right Logan and thanks for the advice. Totally different than regular road races, but I loved it. I'll write a full post about it on Monday. Good luck with your runs this weekend... and props to bringing your sis along.

      Delete
  3. Screaming GOOD LUCK out my window to you!! :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I heard you and it made me run faster :-)

      Delete
  4. Good luck today! Looking forward to hearing about it! Sounds so fun.

    PS- I'm hitting you with the Liebster. Do it girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It was so much fun. Can't wait to share with all of you. Really Liebster? :-)

      Delete
  5. Just have fun. Realize you're so fortunate to have your health:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had fun and I made it out alive and healthy. Thanks Pops.

      Delete
  6. Weston is too handsome! I have been dying to see a picture of him! I'm one of your husband's long ago friends since we were Weston's age. Met you at your wedding but I'm sure you don't remember that :) looking forward to getting motivated via your blog to get back in shape after having our first little one just 2 weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ash! I do remember you. I already told Matt that you found our page. Congrats on your sweet baby. Just two weeks old... so precious. Thanks so much for visiting and I hope you enjoy my ramblings :-)

    ReplyDelete