Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Staying focused like no tomorrow

Oh it's Tuesday,  which means tomorrow is Wednesday.  Which means at exactly 1200 eastern time tomorrow, I will be at my computer, credit card in hand, and signing up for the USMC 2013 Marathon.

I am crossing my fingers and praying I get a slot.  Matt and my brother-in-law are already signed up and I want to be there running 26.2 with them.  Wish me luck!

One of my new blogger friends,  the beanstalk, (she's awesome BTW) posted about her training log and how she keeps it old school by writing everything down.  I do the same and I told her I would share a binder I made because we're ARTSY in that way.


I made this when I was in college to keep track of my workouts, races, etc.  SOOO much fun!
One thing I don't always share with people, is my obsession with staying organized.  It keeps me focused like no tomorrow.  My binder is even tabbed. 
a. store info and such
b. swim races
c. marathon races
d. bike races
e. tri races



Each tab has new and old workouts plus upcoming race information.  The swim tab even has all my workouts in paper protectors so they don't get ruined when I bring them to the pool.  So silly :-)  I can't wait to put my MCM race info in there.

Does anyone else obsess about staying organized?

Anyone else running the MCM?

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I LOVE your binder!! It totally blows mine out of the water!! The fact that you have tabs is amazing. I'm going to have to update mine and make it cool like yours. Thanks for sharing!

    I am SO excited for you to do the MCM! Sending good vibes that you get a spot... It's in October right? I'm doing the Chicago marathon in October so we'll be training the same time. Do you have a certain training plan you're going to follow? I'm looking forward to reading about it! I see on your mileage tab that you're shooting for a 3:40:00.... dang girl!! I'm going to be happy with a sub 4. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it. I was pretty excited to share the little OCD creation. :-)
      CHICAGO! Get it girl. I'm planning on doing the 18 week Hal Higdon method. My dad did it his last marathon and loved it. It looks like a pretty reasonable plan. I am so so so excited to write about my progress and training. 3:40 is my goal and we will see if it happens.

      Delete
    2. Nice! You'll make 3:40. :) I did Hal Higdon novice for my first marathon!! I'm gonna use one of his plans again prob the intermediate 1. It is very reasonable.

      Delete
  2. That is brilliant!!! I don't have anything that tracks my training plans...but I've never really had an official "training plan" before I started doing the Hansons plan back in November. I have a bookmark folder on my computer with all of the races I want to run someday, but having a binder with the races/racing and training tips/training plans...sounds so wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll have to look up Hansons plan. How is it working out? I love having the binder because I can see my progress and see how I've progressed or regressed throughout the years.

      Delete
    2. BTW...logan, I'm trying to get to your blog but I'm having trouble. What's your website again? Thank you! I need some trail motivation for this weekend.

      Delete
    3. That's weird, I don't know why the link isn't working! It's www.mtnsandmiles.blogspot.com

      I really liked it. I had to bail out around week 12 because I got a new job and it was just too much to juggle all at once, but I'm planning on using it for the Marine Corps Marathon. Good luck on registration today!!!

      Delete