Monday, March 25, 2013

Impulse race and keeping it classy

Being married to an athlete is so cool because they understand your passion in every way.  I've had my sights set on a race coming up this weekend.  Not for the swag or for a PR, just for the sheer fact to be out there with other runners in a competitive setting.  The race is a trail course and that posed a little bit of a problem because we couldn't do it with Weston.  I know baby W is sad, but Matt came up with an awesome plan.

The race start is only 4 miles away from our house.  Matt and baby W are going to run to the race location and meet me there.  Soooooo sooooo excited!  I haven't done a race in so long AND it's a trail run.  That means I can break out my trail running shoes.  Ahhhhhhhhh, did I mention how excited I am?!

Today my workout agenda included yoga and a little Ab Ripper X.  If I get a chance, I will hop on my bike to loosen up my hips.

I do this little guy every now and again.  Tony can be a little much for me. "Lets check on the kids"

Onto other things... is it okay to dry your cloth diapers in your formal dinning room?

Classy right?  Baby W was getting a diaper rash and I was trying to figure out the possible issues causing this problem.  Could it be the tornado of pollen outside?  Drying your stuff outside is great, but adding pollen to your baby's bottom isn't recommended :-)  Sweet boy



Are you excited about an exciting race or event? 

What do you think of our diaper set up?

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - Tony Horton. I actually only made it through like 30 days of P90X before I was so sick of him I had to stop. From time to time I pull out one of the workouts, though, like Ab Ripper.

    I'm so excited for your trail race!! I am absolutely in love with trail running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So thankful that someone else in this world isn't madly in love with Tony Horton. I'm a HUGE fan of the "silence and cues" options.

      Delete
    2. Agreed! But we didn't figure that one out for a while, so we pretty much had what he said memorized and it still bugged me, ha.

      Delete
  2. Exciting you have a race this weekend! Sounds fun. I have one weekend after next.

    You cloth diaper? Another sister moment... I don't have any kiddos yet but I have spent many hours reading up on cloth diapering & I plan on doing it! You should definitely do a post on cloth diapering.

    Such a cute pic of your lil babe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. He is kinda my favorite.
      Good luck with your race. What distance?
      I spent A LOT of time researching and I feel like I've found the ones that work best for us. You should do it. I would love to do a post about cloth diapers and share my experience.

      Delete
    2. My race is an 8K.. it's the Shamrock Shuffle here in Chicago. Yes, two weeks after St Patty's Day. Ha!

      I forgot to mention yesterday... ab ripper x is impossible.

      Delete