Wednesday, March 27, 2013

What stops you before you open the fridge?

I briefly mentioned in my About Me page I recently got out of the USAF.  I honestly could go on and on about how much I loved my job and the great opportunities, experiences, and people I met along the way.  
The best!  
9 mos preggers at my work baby shower. -- love elephants.. love my coworkers

 Now, on to new and great adventures in life.  I've transitioned from a full time working woman to a full time "stay at home" mom.  The "stay at home" is relative.  I actually think the phrase is relative for most moms or dads holding down the fort.  It should be "go-go-go" mom or dad.  Don't let me fool you though.  I enjoy watching the Today show and drinking a cup or three of coffee in my PJs.  Ultimately, I do get bored easily...  good thing we recently moved 2,000 miles cross country.  

 A fraction of the boxes.  

Don't worry.  The boxes are gone.  Our cloth diapers are now drying in that location. (insert eye roll)
With the move, training/getting back in shape and taking care of baby W, you sometimes forget about yourself and what you're putting in your mouth.  

My solution:  Remind myself exactly what I am working towards.  Please see my fridge below.  Yep!  Instead of those beautiful stickers being plastered to my car, they stare me right in the face before I decide to indulge in mindless eating.  **My dad taught me this little trick.  


It's helpful to remember your ultimate goal.  Plus, they look cool.


So, yesterday I wore an egg and ham roll-up with cottage cheese and cantaloupe.  MEGA protein in my lunch. Geeze!

To cap off the day, I incorporated some spin.  The past two days I've done my workouts on my trainer.  It's so cold outside and it's hard for me to convince myself that baby W is warm when I have to bundle him up like this.

What do you have on your fridge?

Is your workout inside or outside today?

10 comments:

  1. I put my training plan on my fridge. It serves to remind me 1) to be conscious of what I am putting in my mouth and 2) holds me more accountable to my workouts because it's there for me (and my boyfriend) to see all the time.

    I biked into work today and will bike home (forgot my metro pass...fail)...and I am hoping to get a quick 4 mile run in during lunch!

    I really want to get a trainer so that I can bike indoors. The thought of biking while catching up on my Hulu/Netflix sounds very enticing to me (plus it was cold this morning and I forgot my gloves =( ...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn metro pass. On the bright side, you got an extra workout in today.
      I love that you put your training plan on the fridge. So motivational!
      Let me know if you want any advice on trainers. Catching up on your movies/shows is ideal. You're not a couch potato but a saddle potato. hahah I know... totally corny.

      Delete
    2. I would love advice!! I've tried sorting through some of the DC Rainmaker reviews. Mostly I need something cheap that will just do the trick! Saddle potato = love it!

      Delete
  2. I spent my lunch hour today reading through your entire blog. This is amazing what you come up with and so interesting to read. You should share more of your recipes because the pictures look so yummy. Nutrition is very important even for us much older and non-tri girls :>)
    Love you sweety ~ Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mom. I'll make sure to get some recipes out there!

      Delete
  3. Believe it or not the front of my fridge is... empty! Womp womp. How boring. I like this idea of putting a reminder on the front. I am definitely guilty of absent-minded eating. Oops.

    My workout today? Lifting/turning patients and running around like a chick w/ my head cut off. AKA work. Tomorrow... indoor workout because it's still WINTER in Chicago. Ridiculous!

    I second what your momma said... Your posts are very interesting to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You ladies are awesome and great workout BTW (work included)
      Also, you need to put something cheezy on your fridge for the Chicago Marathon! :-)

      Delete
  4. That is such a great idea to put the magnets on your fridge! Mine are on the car..lol. I might have to go buy some more.
    I went from always being a working mom to being a stay at home mom this year as well. :)
    I can't wait to start following your training and hear about Marine Corps Marathon.
    Karen @ tradingheels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. I can't wait to start sharing my training plan and see your progress too. MCM here we come!

      Delete
  5. Roxanne me and aunt Tam had to laugh at your saying "what you eat in private Shows in public" that was a good one. love reading your blog it's very entertaining and I'm glad that you were able to sign up for your marathon event kiddo love you!
    I like the idea about the recipes put in a couple fattening ones keeping it real!!

    ReplyDelete